So I have been working with food grade pine rosin to make beeswax wraps for a while now and I have always noticed how good my fingertips feel after making a batch of wraps due to the wonderful mixture of pine rosin, beeswax and jojoba oil. I knew that I had to develop a salve recipe that included the pine rosin and beeswax but really had to think about what other ingredients would make this salve deeply moisturizing and healing....I have finally nailed it!
Salves have long been used for healing wounds, soothing eczema and even relieving diaper rash. This salve includes ingredients with so many awesome properties I am just going to run down a bulleted list.
- organic pine rosin - has both anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties; sometimes called "pitch" or pine resin, the pine rosin in this recipe is 100% organic food grade rosin.
- beeswax - the beeswax in this recipe comes from an 8th generation bee farm just outside of Peace River Alberta; it is of exceptional quality. Beeswax also has anti-inflammatory properties and a whack of vitamin A which is known to support cell reconstruction and skin health.
- calendula-infused olive oil - olive oil is so wonderful for our skin but when you infuse it with calendula (marigold) petals it ramps us the antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, I infused this oil for 2 months.
- sweet almond oil & organic coconut oil - both full of vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids, so awesome for moisturizing skin.
- geranium, lavender and ylang ylang essential oils - this mix of essential oils are all known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.
- rosehip extract - although this extract is mainly known for it's anti-aging properties, the benefits in this salve come from the polyphenols and anthocyanins, which are believed to ease joint inflammation and prevent joint damage. It's also rich in vitamin C which makes it an awesome antioxidant.
- vitamin E oil - so many wonderful properties for skin but the scar-reducing properties are the most important to this salve!
This salve comes in a re-usable 100g (3.4oz) black tin, 30g black tin and a 15g black tin. The three sizes ensure you can take it with you anywhere, anytime.
FULL INGREDIENTS: pine rosin, beeswax, calendula-infused olive oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, geranium essential oil, lavender essential oil, chamomile essential oil, rosehip extract, vitamin E oil. Safe for use on children.